Plex Media Player or Plex is a software that serves as a media player which is very popular among the technology lovers who owe more than a single electronic device. Basically, Plex easiest the process of accessing our stored media on our smartphones from any other possible device where Plex is installed. The devices can be anything ranging from Laptops to desktops,even tablets, in other words, most of the popular electronic media.
Developer Elan Feingold had the concept of creating a media Center application for his Apple Mac. Thus began the dream project of Elan in December 2007. He ported the media player XBMC(now called Kodi) to his Mac OS X. Cayce Ullman and Scott Olechowski were two software executives who had already sold their previous company and were looking to port XBMC to Mac OS X. When Cayce Ullman and Scott Olechowski came to know about Elan’s progress, they offered to fund him and thus they formed a team,in January 2008. Plex,Inc. was founded in December 2009.
Plex helps store your media content or media libraries in an organized order. This media library can include photos, music, videos and even podcasts! Plus,with the Plex Pass and some other essentials(like supported tuner and digital antenna) you can watch and even record FREE on-air Television broadcast of your favourite shoes. Great indeed.
Features of Plex:
- Plex is available for almost all the popular devices,to meet the demands of the variety of users.
- You can categorize your files easily and multimedia in various different categories with the help of Plex.
- Plex can be connected to a VR, and the experience is something breathtaking. Get an experience of this for sure.
- Plex focuses a lot on user data security. The data is totally encrypted and thus it is as safe as possible.
- Plex is totally free of cost. The best part indeed! Though you can upgrade it with Premium if needed,but the free features are enough to make you happy,if you are not a high end user.
- The browsing quality of Plex regarding media files is really good. Better than most of its counterparts indeed.
- Device syncing feature acts as a added profit for the users. Previously downloaded or shared medias can be revived in other devices by the help of this feature.
Download Plex for Windows
The majority of the users prefer Windows as their operating system. Plex is also available for those users. To use Plex in Windows,follow the steps:
- Download Plex For Windows,which is compatible with Windows XP, Windows 7,Windows 8 and Windows 10(basically all the popular Windows versions).
- Go to the “Downloads” folder.
- Right click on the downloaded file with the format “.EXE” and run as Administrator.
- You will receive various instructions on your computer screen,follow them to complete the installation procedure.
- The software will be installed and ready to use.
This is all you need to do in order to use Plex on your PC. Simple and user friendly, Plex is really very helpful for the beginners and even the professionals.